Jan 11, 2006

Verses from Moses

(The color-coding and its semblance of Star Wars is no mere coincidence)


6. (God told Moses) thou art in similitude of mine Only Begotten (so, I am in his likeness, but what is that exactly?); and mine Only Begotten is and shall be the Savior (I am in the similitude of what?), for he is full of grace and truth (hm, those sound like attributes).

10. ...man is nothing.

12. Moses, son of man, worship me (quoth the Satan)

13. (Moses retorts) I am a son of God, in the similitude of his Only Begotten ('Savior' because he and I have good attributes; attributes I have cultivated with his help and example)

11., 14. Articulates between things spiritual and things natural

19. I am the only begotten, worship me (Satan becries)

20. Moses began to fear exceedingly (questio
ning his identity perhaps?)

32. ...by the word of my power, have I created them, which is mine Only Begotten son, who is full of grace and truth

33. (God continues) ...by the Son I created them, which is mine Only Begotten (similitude!)

39. [God's] work and glory: to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man


With whom do I relate? If Satanic machinations can infiltrate my self-image, my own divine connection with the Almighty God, then I am vulnerable to doubt myself, I question my worth, and my perception of my own role in the Lord's saving apparatus is eclipsed by uncertainty. It is in this moment that I sin.

What is money? How does paper and coin make a man of greater estimable worth than his spiritual peer, id est, another child of God? Why does a fleeting dollar endow one man with privilege that his brother cannot obtain? Why do we let this invention of the natural man impregnate our paradigm with the falsehood--the outright LIE--that fiscal worth can sum up the worth of a soul? Jesus never said "the worth of rich soul is great in the sight of God; the richer, the greater."

Possession of lucre is not exclusive in this context. Lust for so-called sexier thighs, fuller lips, cooler cars, etcetera, just to be accepted by MAN is a poison which we have all assimilated into our systems. Money does not prefer who its bearer is, neither do false bosoms or rugged SUVs. I am a son of GOD. So are you. So is everybody. Money, looks and other frivolities should never be passport to high notions of self-worth.
Rather the mere essence of the fact that Almighty God, Creator of the UNIVERSE, saw fit to create you and me, unique, special and loved, should yield gratitude unending, and a love of self deep and driving. Attributes that I refine by endeavoring to follow Christ's example combined with the atonement will qualify me for exaltation, not my car or what others think of it.

My sins are only symptoms of my sickness, which was (occasionally still is) self-doubt. If I merely treat the symptoms and leave the sickness unchecked, I will sin again as the symptoms return. Treating the sickness, that of low self-esteem, puts me in greater position to be grateful, which leads to humility, then diligence in righteousness, emulation, exaltation.

Love yourself. God does. You are his child.

No comments: