Apr 25, 2005

"Versus" Yields Balance

"Versus" Yields Balance
by Michael Brady

I want to be in love with reality, but who says what is real?
I see things with both eyes and mind; both hands and heart can feel.
To find a balance between body and soul and all the things concealed
Who ordained this quantum realm; whom should I ask to reveal?
Does my mind create the outward world, with sights and smells and touch?
Then I invented masochism, and love my pain too much.
To find a balance between body and soul that both can grasp and clutch
Rely on 'science'? Lean on 'religion'? Are neither, or both, the crutch?

I want to be in love with reality, so how can I know for sure?
Am I a victim to what's outside, or within me is the cure?
To find a balance between body and soul, what can I do more?
Unadulterated truth I seek, for knowledge clean and pure.
I am satisfied with who I am, with all my grief and joy,
My mind and hands, my love and hate--each sense I will employ
To find a balance between body and soul and all the things concealed.
I want to be in love with reality; I acknowledge that *I* am real.

No comments: